Below is an introduction to Brook Green and there are buttons to the right that will introduce you to the other areas we cover and their history. We will be introducing new photographs and information to these sections shortly.
Who lives near Kensington, Westfield, Hammersmith, Heathrow Airport, The Lyric Theatre, The Riverside Studios, The Havelock, St Paul's Girls School, The Thames, Ravenscourt Park, Raoul's, the M4 and the Anglesea? The answer is you do if you live in Brook Green or Brackenbury Village.
Brook Green and Brackenbury Village are two affluent neighbourhoods in the Hammersmith & Fulham borough. With fantastic transport links, impressive schools, delicious pubs and restaurants, it is no wonder that these areas attract an interesting cross section of families and people looking to add to their quality of life through the area in which they live.
Both Brook Green and Brackenbury Village have an impressive array of easily accessible transport options including the following:-
Easy access to M3, M4 & M40 and all routes heading West. Driving to Heathrow takes under 30 minutes.
- Piccadilly and District Line from Hammersmith
- District Line from Ravenscourt Park & Stamford Brook
- Central Line from Shepherds Bush
- Circle Line from Goldhawk Road & Shepherds Bush Market.
- Hammersmith & City Line from Hammersmith, Goldhawk Road & Shepherds Bush Market.
- Overland trains from both Shepherds Bush & Olympia to Gatwick & Brighton
Any thriving area has a thriving social side and both Brook Green and Brackenbury Village offer their residents a delicious and thirst quenching array of options in which to while away nights off and happy weekends.
- Pubs: The Havelock, The Anglesea, The Bird in the Hand, The Queen's Head, The Stonemasons Arms, The Brook Green, The Andover Arms, The Queen's Head
- Cafes and Delis: Al's, Brooks, Betty Blythes (voted one of the best tearooms in London)
- Restaurants: The Pope's Eye, Raouls, Karma, Chez Michel, Thai Rice.
- Food shops: The Cape Clear Fish Shop, Stentons (butcher) and the Farmers' Market outside the Lyric Theatre in Hammersmith every Thursday, selling English farm produce (from fruit, vegetables and farm-churned butter and cheese to home-made sausages and hog roast), Moroccan olives, dips, Caribbean cakes, salads and ready-made dishes from the Philippines also the weekly Farmers Market in Addison Primary School, Bolingbroke Road.
The neighbourhood is home to a number of London's most academically acclaimed schools including international schools which inevitably adds to variety of people who live in the area.
- Nursery schools: Busy Bee, Little Owls, Addison Pre-school Nursery, l'Hérisson ...
- Primary schools: Bute House and Latymer Prep (both private), Larmenier & Sacred Heart Catholic Primary and Addison Primary, Lena Gardens Primary School, Brackenbury Primary School, John Betts Primary School, St Mary's Catholic Primary School.
- Secondary schools: St Paul's for girls, Latymer Upper, St Paul's Boys, Godolphin & Latymer.
- International schools: Jacques Prevert, French Primary School and the International School in Gunnersbury.
- Leith's School of Food and Wine
Westfield: from high end to high street, the Westfield has shops galore, restaurants, a gym, a multi-screen cinema and masses of parking in this huge, modern complex.
- Kensington High Street & Notting Hill are both nearby and offer a great selection of boutique shops, Whole Foods, antiques and the world famous Portobello Market.
- Olympia has the eponymous exhibition centre which also houses a Sotheby's auction house.
- King Street in Hammersmith offers a wider range of shops from Mothercare and TKMaxx to Primark and M&S.
- Boutique shops: There are also a inspiring amount of small boutique shops from Oliver Bonas, Greens the florist and Holloways on Shepherds Bush Road, to Bliss Fields, Honeybunch and Peter's Posh Pets on Blythe Road to The Hepbzibah Gallery in Brackenbury Village.
You don't have to bump into everyone you know at the gym if you don't want to with BG and BV's wide selection of keep fit and beauty options
- Thirty Seven Degrees (Olympia)
- Gymbox (The Westfield)
- Virgin Active (Hammersmith)
- Fitness First (Hammersmith)
- Pure Gym (Hammersmith)
- Brackenbury Natural Health Clinic (Brackenbury)